Monday, March 29, 2010
#10 97 $20 lap dances.
#9 389 $5 shots of tequila! Ole!!!
#8 389 $5 Corona’s.
#7 556 $3.50 glasses of domestic beer.
#6 1297 $1.50 condoms from the condom machine.
#5 An underage page - Oh wait, that's in Congress. Sorry.
#4 One hour whipping session from Sarah Palin in leather in a private booth.
#3 300 straight hours of a peep show starring Tom "The Hammer" Delay and Larry Craig dancing like stars in leather.
#2 Unlimited access to some dark room entitled "Best Glory Hole in Hollywood."
#1 An all-niter at the VIP table and a bottle of Cristal with Ann Coulter!
"Nine suspects tied to a Christian militia in the Midwest are charged with conspiring to kill police officers, then attack a funeral in the hopes of killing more law enforcement personnel, federal prosecutors said Monday.
U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade said agents moved on the group because the Hutaree members were planning a violent reconaissance mission sometime in April – just a few days away.
Members of the group called Hutaree are charged in the case, including their leader, David Brian Stone, also known as “Captain Hutaree.”
Once other officers gathered for a slain officer’s funeral, the group planned to detonate homemade bombs at the funeral, killing more, according to newly unsealed court papers."
Read more @ AP NEWS.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Anyways, for your viewing pleasure:
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Read more at: The BRAD BLOG
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Today, after almost a century of effort, health insurance reform becomes law. Thank you for your partnership in creating change.– President Obama
Text Message Received on:
1:10pm Mar 23, 10
There are few times when someone can be watching an event and say to themselves, this will go down in the history books as one of the largest social reforms in the history of the U.S.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 Barack Obama signing the Health Care Reform Bill
Monday, March 22, 2010
- In 2010, small businesses that choose to offer coverage will begin to receive tax credits of up to 35 percent of premiums to help make employee coverage more affordable.
- In 2010, adults who are uninsured because of pre-existing conditions will have access to affordable insurance through a temporary high-risk pool.
- This bill starts to close the Medicare Part D donut hole in 2010 by providing a $250 rebate to Medicare beneficiaries who hit the gap in prescription drug coverage. And beginning in 2011, the bill institutes a 50% discount on prescription drugs in the donut hole.
- o Starting this year, new private plans will be required to provide free preventive care: no co-payments and no deductibles for preventive services. And beginning January 1, 2011, Medicare will do the same.
- In 2010, this bill will provide help for early retirees by creating a temporary re-insurance program to help offset the costs of expensive premiums for employers and retirees age 55-64.
- Under health reform, Americans will see an immediate expansion of coverage.
- This year, children with pre-existing conditions can no longer be denied health insurance coverage. The bill outlaws that practice for new health plans as well as grandfathered group plans. Moving forward, no insurance company can deny a child coverage based on his or her health.
- This year, new health care plans and select grandfathered plans will allow young people to remain on their parents’ insurance policy up until their 26th birthday.
- This year, insurance companies will be banned from dropping people from coverage when they get sick, and they will be banned from implementing lifetime caps on coverage. This year, restrictive annual limits on coverage will be banned for new plans and grandfathered group health plans. Under health reform, Americans will be ensured access to the care they need.
- The bill increases funding for community health centers so that nearly double the number of patients can be treated in their community health centers over the next 5 years. The funding begins in the next fiscal year.
- The health reform bill will increase the number of primary care doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants through new investments. This funding takes effect in the next fiscal year.
- Health reform will immediately curb some of the worst insurance industry practices and strengthen consumer protections.
- Beginning this year, this bill creates a new, independent appeals process that ensures consumers in new private plans have access to an effective process to appeal decisions made by their insurer.
- o Starting January 1, 2011, insurers in the individual and small group market will be required to spend 80 percent of their premium dollars on medical services. Insurers in the large group market will be required to spend 85 percent of their premium dollars on medical services. Any insurers who don’t meet those thresholds will be required to provide rebates to their policyholders.
- This year, discrimination based on salary will be outlawed. New group health plans will be prohibited from establishing any eligibility rules for health care coverage that discriminate in favor of higher-wage employees.
- This bill holds insurance companies accountable for unreasonable rate hikes. Starting in 2011, it helps states require insurance companies to submit justification for all requested premium increases. Any company with excessive or unjustified premium increases may not be able to participate in the new health insurance exchanges.
- Beginning this fiscal year, this bill provides funding to states to help establish offices of health insurance consumer assistance in order to help individuals in the process of filing complaints or appeals against insurance companies.
Say what you want, but this will go down in the history books as a big win for this administration. Those that voted for this and had the courage, bravo. The momentum turned around in recent weeks. Obama has become more of a fighting champion of the populous and much more vocal about his support of legislation.
Is it coincidence that Plouffe came back and things turned around for the WH? I'm not sure it was.
Anyways, history will be the judge.
Friday, March 19, 2010
For the last several years, Sean Hannity and the Freedom Alliance “charity” have conducted “Freedom Concerts” across America. They’ve told you that they are raising money to pay for the college tuition of the children of fallen soldiers and to pay severely wounded war vets. And on Friday Night, Hannity will be honored with an award for this “Outstanding Community Service by a Radio Talk Show Host” at Talkers Magazine’s convention.
But it’s all a huge scam.
Read more about it all from conservative blogger Debbie SchlusselHERE.
Immediately upon passage, there are no lifetime or annual caps on benefits in new policies.
Immediately upon passage, you can no longer be dropped just 'cause they wanna drop you.
Immediately upon passage, children up to age 26 can remain on their parents' insurance policy.
Immediately upon passage, insurance companies will be unable to arbitrarily raise rates.
Immediately upon passage, uninsured Americans will have access to a temporary high-risk pool.
Immediately upon passage, drug prices for seniors will begin to go down as the Medicaid donut hole is closed.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
The fixes are some of the more important political parts of this legislation as Obama pollsters noted some days ago that a substantial percentage of dislike about the overall HCR bill are the special deals that should be taken out with the fixes.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Yes, you heard that right.
Larry Sabato got a hold of some audio from an exchange with Ken recently.
Here is part of the exchange:
"Q: How can we get proof?
Cooch: Well… that’s a good question. Not one I’ve thought a lot about because it hasn’t been part of my campaign. Someone is going to have to come forward with nailed down testimony that he was born in place B, wherever that is. You know, the speculation is Kenya. And that doesn’t seem beyond the realm of possibility."
Ken is now in the same boat as this wacko, Orly Taitz:
Good luck with this one Virginia.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Take a look at this page in particular. It is clear the RNC has contempt for its targeted donors and is willing to exploit their fears for money. Stay classy RNC.